ALK Technologies has unveiled CoPilot Live 9, the company’s next generation GPS navigation platform for smartphones and tablet devices. The next generation GPS navigation apps for smartphones and tablets from ALK Technologies features an interactive user interface, cutting-edge routing technology and seamless access to hyperlocal online content.
“CoPilot Live 9 combines sophisticated navigation technology with breakthrough design simplicity” says Michael Kornhauser, Managing Director of ALK Technologies. “It makes all the features you need available, when you need them, to get you to your destination by the best possible route.”
* Key innovations available with the CoPilot Live 9 navigation platform include:
Optimal Routes: CoPilot Live 9 finds the best way to any destination with a choice of up to 3 routes including journey time and mileage details. It’s easy to manipulate your route by simply dragging the route or a destination flag to a preferred street or location.
* Intuitive and Interactive User Interface: CoPilot Live 9 puts advanced navigation features at your finger tips. You can tap anywhere on any map within the app to navigate there, discover more information or share it with friends. Context-sensitive menus provide access to the features you need, when you need them.
* Enhanced Live Services: CoPilot Live 9 combines the reliability of on-board maps, stored locally on the mobile, with seamless access to useful real-time online content. ActiveTraffic uses live traffic flow information to intelligently calculate the fastest route available and automatically avoid delays. Fully integrated Bing local internet search makes it easy to find all the nearby businesses and services you need.
* Social navigation: CoPilot Live 9 makes it easy to share journey details with friends through Facebook Places check-ins and in-app Twitter updates.
* Superior guidance: On the road, CoPilot Live 9’s sleek dashboard-style map display provides clear, non-distracting directions. There’s a choice of 3D, 2D and Directions-only guidance views, while Lane Assist arrows and realistic ClearTurn display make navigating complex junctions effortless. An all-new walking mode makes it easy to find the way around a city on-foot.
GPS Navigation apps based on CoPilot Live 9 platform will be available in Q2 2011 through Android Market and iTunes App Store.
More info: CoPilot Live 9.
Printer Friendly Version
Email This Story
Information Technology: Related News
2/15/2011 – CoPilot Live 9 Comes to Mobile Navigation Platforms
ALK Technologies has unveiled CoPilot Live 9, the company’s next generation GPS navigation platform for smartphones and tablet devices….
2/15/2011 – Comdata Unveils Diesel Exhaust Fluid Reporting and Controls
Comdata Corporation has implemented enhanced reporting and controls for Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) and other alternative fuel types….
2/15/2011 – GM FleetTrac Simplifes and Streamlines Maintenance for Self-Managed Fleets
General Motors unveiled a new system today that will dramatically simplify the vehicle maintenance process for fleets of all sizes and types….
2/3/2011 – PressurePro and International Telematics Corp Announce Integration
International Telematics Corp. and Advantage PressurePro announced they are teaming up to develop integrated TPMS/Telematics solution to fleet markets worldwide….
1/26/2011 – Dual-Mode Iridium/GSM Tracking and Communication Device
Blue Sky Network introduced the HawkEye 5300, a dual-mode tracking device leveraging both GSM and Iridium satellite capabilities….
1/21/2011 – Qualcomm Announces Availability of CSA Safety Performance Service
Qualcomm announced the commercial availability of its CSA Safety Performance Service to help carriers with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrations new Compliance, Safety, Accountability enforcement program….
1/20/2011 – Accellos Announces Version 2.3 of Accellos One Optimize
Accellos announced the release of Accellos One Optimize Version 2.3, its load building and route optimization software….
1/14/2011 – New LTL Software
Ahern and Associates introduced the new LTL version of its Financial I.Q. software, which quickly calculates profit and loss statements throughout all business segments….
1/14/2011 – Intermec Launches Suite of Ultra-Rugged Handheld Computers
Intermec’s new 70 Series is its next-generation portfolio of ultra-rugged mobile computers….
1/13/2011 – New Luber-finer Phone App Helps Cross-reference and Find Filters
Luber-finer, a Champion Laboratories, Inc. filter brand, has released its latest filter change productivity enhancement tool, the new Luber-finer “phone app” for Android smartphones….
1/7/2011 – Voice Assist Introduces Handsfree Two-Way Texting
Voice Assist, Inc. announces the commercial release of Voice Assist Standard complete with two-way texting. Voice Assist empowers consumers to text by voice from any phone or device to any phone or wireless connected device, even mobile phones without a text plan….
1/6/2011 – Xata Announces Reseller Agreement With Barcoding, Inc.
Xata Corporation has announced that Barcoding, Inc. has become an authorized reseller of Xata ‘s fleet management solutions….
1/6/2011 – Bumper To Bumper’s Easy CDL iPhone App Debuts on iTunes
A new CDL teaching tool app for the iPhone from Bumper To Bumper has debuted in the Apple iTunes store….
1/6/2011 – Pegasus TransTech Upgrades Transflo Express Location Finder
Pegasus TransTech has updated its searchable online directory of locations offering Transflo Express truck stop scanning. The upgraded service is now available on a redesigned web page….
1/5/2011 – inthinc Adds Touchscreen to Commercial Driving Safety Solution
inthinc Technology Solutions Inc. has introduced a touchscreen driver interface that works in conjunction with the company’s waySmart commercial driving safety solution….
1/5/2011 – Garmin Introduces Dezl for Over-the-Road Truck Navigation
Garmin International Inc. unveiled the dezl series of navigators designed exclusively for the over-the-road trucking industry….